Hi Guest - won't you sign up - like now? You'll get "early member" perks, ratings, free for sale adds, store discount codes and of course access to all the hidden stuff that status begets..

Recent threads from jpfwatch
ThreadsDateReplies
Citizen Cosmotron 7800-870002-04-2018, 12:04 PM6
Quartz with metal bracelets08-12-2017, 12:39 PM4
Stowa Partitio08-12-2017, 12:09 PM0
Stowa Partitio08-12-2017, 12:09 PM2
Grand Seiko 4520-8000 vs. Grand Seiko 6145-800008-06-2017, 08:18 PM9
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
quartz 9943 grand 8030 seiko twin

Twin Quartz Seiko Grand Quartz 9943-8030
Better response on post Twin Quartz Seiko Grand Quartz 9943-8030Watchmaker Jan Ubels doesn't need any recommendation on this website, but I have to say I am really impressed by his work.

These are the before pictures:
https://www.watchiwant.com/showthread.ph...35#pid1535

Pictures from the seller:

After pictures (it was already dark..):

in the weekend I will take more pictures en tell what has been done to service the watch.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to jpfwatch for this post:
  • Fastaire, Limitless, Woody
Yup, that does look good! I will keep him in mind that watchmaker. Thanks.
Wink 
(01-26-2018, 04:30 PM)jpfwatch Wrote: Watchmaker Jan Ubels doesn't need any recommendation on this website, but I have to say I am really impressed by his work.

These are the before pictures:
https://www.watchiwant.com/showthread.ph...35#pid1535

Pictures from the seller:

After pictures (it was already dark..):

in the weekend I will take more pictures en tell what has been done to service the watch.

Weekend is almost over...
Better response on post Twin Quartz Seiko Grand Quartz 9943-80302 more pictures:

Great watch! Now I know what it really looks like - as I have got one incoming myself lol.... Absolutely crappy pics from the seller below. I will make some better ones of course.

Adminishing the #$@ out of it
Maybe Jan Ubels will get the watch, maybe not - depends on the movement performance. Polishing I can do myself these days - sparingly and without touching those delicate edges!

Here is the spec sheet and instructions....

Kit Contents
1 x Silverline or ProMax Mini Bench Grinder.(both are identical machines from the same factory, just with different labels and boxes)
Voltage: 230v, 50HZ 
Power :120W 
Electric Plug - fitted with a 3 pin UK Plug. An adapter for use in other countries is not supplied and buyers need to fit their own plug / adapter
No Load Variable Speed: +/- 100 - 9900 RPM
Wheel Arbor Diameter :10mm
Width (without flexi shaft attached 230mm)
Height 140mm
Depth 120mm
Shipped Weight +/- 5kgs
Flexible Shaft Collet Diameter: 1/8" (3.2mm). 
1020mm (40") long Flexible Shaft. The flexible drive shaft must not be pulled to tight or over bent as this will cause damage to it. When fitting the flexible shaft please ensure that the internal shaft is fitted into the centre hole of the machine's protruding shaft and not into the side grooves. If not this will prevent the machine / flexidrive shaft from operating correctly. The fastening nut tightens anti-clockwise
3" diameter grinding wheels

* Scratches - scratches in the surfaces may have to be removed first using a series of wet & dry abrasive paper / cloth (eg 500 to 4000 grit) prior to the polishing phase.

Warranty - Silverline - Mini Bench Grinder and Flexible Drive Shaft. Any faults / warranty claims within 30 Days from the Date Of Purchase are dealt with by ourselves. After 30 Days from the date of purchase, any faults / warranty claims are then made direct with the manufacturer as per the details supplied with the kit. The buyer needs to register their machine within 30 Days of Purchase with the manufacturer for their After 30 Day Warranty to be valid, otherwise only a 30 Day Warranty is offered. There is no warranty on the polishing kit consumables.
ProMax - Details are supplied in the box.

* Over bending or pulling the flexible drive shaft too tight, will damage it. If this happens, then both ourselves and the manufacturer will not honour a warranty claim for the damaged flexible drive shaft. Please use the flexible drive shaft with care.

Comes supplied fitted with:
1 x Coarse Grinding Wheel.
1 x Fine Grinding Wheel.

* The grinding wheel needs to be removed and then the polishing mops are attached to the machine's shaft.

Polishing Mop Fitting
Once the bench grinder left side guard and the grinding wheel has been removed (please note that the left hand grinder shaft has a left hand threaded nut, so unscrews clockwise), the polishing mop then slides over the machine shaft and the securing nut and washer is then replaced and tightened (anti-clockwise). The 3" x 1/2" polishing mops cannot be used with the flexible drive shaft.

Tools Required (not supplied)
The following tools are needed to change the polishing wheels / mops.
1 x 17mm or adjustable spanner
1 x Phillips screw driver

Manual - http://www.toolstream.com/media/manuals/...ANPRO1.PDF

* Please note that the mops supplied may vary in appearance compared to those shown in the image, depending on various supplier's stock levels. Different suppliers supply their mops in different colours and with different types of central strengthening discs.

The Kit Also Includes
The Polishing Mops have Enlarged Centre Holes to enable them to slide over the bench grinder shafts
1 x 3" x 1/2" Colour Stitch Metal Polishing Mop (max speed 2500 rpm)
A very popular and versatile grade of polishing mop which is ideal for one shot polishing operations where you need brightness back and the condition of the metal is not marked / scratched or badly pitted. These can be used to cut as well with Brown metal polishing compound but are less aggressive than sisal polishing mops.
1 x 3" x 1/2" Loose Leaf Cotton Polishing Mop. (max speed 2500 rpm)
The most popular type of finishing mop, made from 100% soft white cotton which is used with Rouge metal polishing compound to get that high lustre shine back.
1 x 10pc Set 1/2" Polishing Felts. Includes 3.2mm Mandrel.
1 x 6pc Mounted Felt Set. Ideal for polishing internal diameters.
1 x 3pc Nylon Brush Set
1 x 3pc Loose Leaf Buffing Wheel Set – 25mm +3.2 Mandrel
1 x 4pc Set 1" Polishing Felts. Includes 3.2mm Mandrel.
1 x 100g Bar Brown Polishing Compound.
Brown polishing compound is used for first cut and flattening on all soft precious metals.
1 x 100gm Bar Jewellers Rouge Compound
Jewellers Rouge polishing compound is used for final high polishing on all soft precious metals (Gold and Silver)
1 x 100g Bar Black Polishing Compound.
Black metal polishing compound is used for first cut and flattening on steel and stainless steel.
1 x 100g Bar Green Polishing Compound.
Green metal polishing compound is used for final polishing on all steels.
1 x 100g Bar White Polishing Compound.
White metal polishing compound is used for final high finish polishing on stainless steel.
1 x 25gm bag of Vienna Lime (Used for removing polishing compound residues)
1 x Cloth

* Scratch Removal - If there are scratches in the item surfaces then a series of abrasive discs / pads (not included, eg P500 - P2000) may need to be used first prior to the polishing process.
Adminishing the #$@ out of it