Hi Guest - won't you sign up - like now? You'll get "early member" perks, ratings, free for sale adds, store discount codes and of course access to all the hidden stuff that status begets..

Recent threads from Fastaire
ThreadsDateReplies
Seiko SKX Modding - step by step08-09-2017, 12:28 PM21
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
aviator watch thread

Aviator watch Thread
Finally an Aviator Forum - thanks admin for granting the request. So let me kick this off with my own aviator watch, the German Zeno...

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Fastaire for this post:
  • Bazooka, Fletcher, JustWatchit, Watch4me
Good idea this, let me see what I can dig up..
You gotta love those aviators, big, legible and very sturdy. This Ball is the best in my collection as far as toolishness is concerned. So easy to use and of course accurate to boot. And the tritium provides unparalleled legibility.

I would consider this to be an aviator watch - not sure though...

(01-06-2018, 05:35 PM)Fastaire Wrote: Finally an Aviator Forum - thanks admin for granting the request. So let me kick this off with my own aviator watch, the German Zeno...

This one definitely is an aviator, another German...

The Laco Munster.
Some bronze adds some class to the mix...

My Aristo Flieger... To me they are always Fliegers, not Aviators.

Better response on post RE: Aviator watch Thread
(01-06-2018, 06:01 PM)JustWatchit Wrote: My Aristo Flieger... To me they are always Fliegers, not Aviators.

I tend to agree, but then my watch is a Junkers Fliegeruhr....

There are a lot of German Fliegeruhren, my Steinhart is one of them.

Funny how that triangle keeps popping up.... And I see it in field watches too. I guess it means "mountain" - so, when flying avoid, when climbing hang on to it...
(01-08-2018, 09:06 PM)SeikoSan Wrote: Funny how that triangle keeps popping up.... And I see it in field watches too. I guess it means "mountain" - so, when flying avoid, when climbing hang on to it...

Those two dots are the airplanes... trying not to collide.
My problem with Aviators is that they usually are big. They should just be very legible and be easy to adjust. Rolex had the old Air King - that was used in the RAF at one time....
(01-08-2018, 09:28 PM)JCimperial Wrote: My problem with Aviators is that they usually are big. They should just be very legible and be easy to adjust. Rolex had the old Air King - that was used in the RAF at one time....

Agreeing with you there. I want pointy hands to, well, point precisely at the time. I want Tritium too, and a big crown. That Ball really does it for me!
Here is my Aristo guys