Hi Guest - won't you sign up - like now? You'll get "early member" perks, ratings, free for sale adds, store discount codes and of course access to all the hidden stuff that status begets..

Recent threads from ElBronzo
ThreadsDateReplies
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
timeline alpinist

Alpinist Timeline
The Alpinist heritage
I found this brilliant picture of the Alpinist line... Bottom left shows where.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to ElBronzo for this post:
  • Collectionist, NYCtops, Todostudor
I mostly like the 8F56 Alpinist. Such a great movement.
(08-11-2017, 07:53 PM)Docrollieday Wrote: I mostly like the 8F56 Alpinist. Such a great movement.

And the design... Just great. my only gripe is the contrast on the cream dial Alpinist. That is not what you need in the field - lack of contrast.
I think the original Alpinist has never been bettered as far as legibility is concerned.
(08-11-2017, 07:53 PM)Docrollieday Wrote: I mostly like the 8F56 Alpinist. Such a great movement.

Indeed, it must be very similar to the 8J56 which is a HAQ..
Better response on post RE: Alpinist Timeline
(08-15-2017, 01:48 PM)NYCtops Wrote:

Indeed, it must be very similar to the 8J56 which is a HAQ..

I do not think so, looking at the graph below and comparing it too the one of the 8J56...

The Temperature control is way better than any Alpinist ever achieved... Well except for that digital Alpinist wrist computer of course that just syncs to atomic time.
Adminishing the #$@ out of it
Better response on post RE: Alpinist TimelineThere goes the reputation of the Alpinist...
I see it as showing the 8F series HEQ status has been grossly exaggerated. 

It is my experience every movement has a slightly different shape to it's curve and that the 8F series falls within the variations you might expect for non-TC quartz. In other words, I think their sensitivity to temperature change is fairly typical of non-TC watches. And the inability to adjust them means you are stuck with whatever curve you got...

But a bigger disappointment to me was my new Seiko twin quartz. If it has TC, it is p**s poor TC.
Here is a nice shot of an Alpinist, the green SARB017:

Good stuff Bronzo... thanks!